Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bikes and Cycles

I went out yesterday to few bikes and bicycles shops. I am looking for a a bike something like Kawasaki ER-6N which fits well in the budget. Will cost me somehing around £3000. Plus there will be additional cost with road tax, MOT and insurance. Which can be quite a bit. But considering I will be working in Swindon for the rest of the year, I may well get it. There is a Kawasaki showroom not very far from my place in Croydon. Another option is to rent bikes. The cheapest one I could find was at Lamba Motorcycles in Carshalton. Not ver far. I drove there and saw the place, looked at the bike Yamaha XJ6 which can be hired for £40 a day or £75 for the weekend. Should get it soon.

Then coming to bicycles. Went to GB shop on south croydon high street. I liked it instantly, it had some good stuff but all road bikes and accessories. Wallangiton cycles were good. Tried few hybrids buy I think I like the road bikes with a flat handle. So Giant Escape 1 for £500 is one option but better is 2012 GIANT Rapid 4 for £450 which is the one I likes last year when I went to cycle surgery. Eeping my budget to £500 I realised I can get 2012 Giant Rapid 2 for £500 which will be of better specs than Rapid 4. I also wanted to check out Specialized so recommended one was Sirrius. Not seen yet, so it will either be Sirrus or Rapid 2.

Still the big question remains, bike or cycle or both? And where is the garage to park. Need a house first.

No comments: